At the time we are publishing this blog post there is a heightened concern about community spread of the novel corona virus or Covid-19. While much is still unknown it is already clear that common sense measures can effectively prevent the spread.
At Lumia Dental we have always made cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene a priority to keep our patients comfortable and safe during their visit, not only to protect them from the new corona virus but just as importantly the flu virus, the common cold, and other pathogens.
Meticulous cleanliness is key to ensuring the comfort we are committed to provide for our patients. As such, Lumia Dental already implemented strict sanitation protocols from the day we opened our office:
- Every treatment room and all instruments are carefully autoclaved, sterilized or wiped down according to protocol. No exceptions! No shortcuts!
- Every surface is cleaned after every patient, including remote controls, safety glasses, handles and the dental chair.
- Instruments and materials are laid out before every patient visit so our providers don’t have to touch drawers, cabinets or other items while treating patients.
- Our providers wear protective gloves and masks and use handwash stations in every room.
- Hand-sanitizer gels and wash stations are available for patients and staff alike around the office.
To address heightened concerns around Covid-19, we have implemented additional sanitation cycles of areas such as table and countertops, door handles, bathroom keys and other common areas four times per day, every day!
Here is a great article from the New York Times about how Covid-19 can spread and what to do to prevent it: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/health/coronavirus-how-it-spreads.html
Want to learn more about the new corona virus and how to protect yourself, make sure to follow trusted sources: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
As always, at Lumia Dental you can expect the highest quality and uncompromised focus on our clients. That’s how cutting edge dentistry meets a modern patient experience.