General Restorative Dentistry
Cavities and cracks result in destruction of tooth structure and necessitate a dental restoration, which could be as minimal as a filling or as comprehensive as a crown.
Surgical placement of an implant will later need restoration with an abutment and crown.
Missing teeth can be replaced with a fixed bridge, an implant restoration, or a removable prosthesis.
Restorative dentistry is at the heart of dentistry, and your Lumia Dental providers are its experts.
If you are missing teeth, here are a few options that can help:
- Dental Implants: We get more into implants here, but basically these are metal posts that replace the root and caps to replace the visible tooth.
- Dentures: These aren’t just for the elderly. Dentures are used for a variety of patients, and they are more comfortable than ever before. Great for multiple teeth replacement.
- Dental Bridges: Basically, we are “bridging’ the gap in your teeth with attractive crowns.
- Dental Crowns: If a tooth is too badly decayed or damager, we suggest a crown. It is a simple protective cover that strengthens the tooth and reinforces the jaw.
- Dental Fillings: At one time these were mostly metal and still can be, but today tooth-colored fillings are used to repair minor damage or decay..
- Inlays and Onlays: Similar to fillings, but more focused on minor decay to the cusps or indented ridges between the cusps of the teeth.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction: We only suggest this in severe cases. The goal is to fix cosmetic and functional issues.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint (TMJA) is annoying and can result in head, ear, and neck pain. This is a case-by-case basis.