There is a reason why most dental insurance companies cover the entire cost of routine cleanings: because it can prevent more complex dental issues! Every doctor and hygienist at Lumia Dental cannot exclaim enough how important preventive dental care is for everyone. Avoid cavities, crowns, and even surgeries by simply making the time to get your teeth cleaned and assessed by a professional.
The American Dental Association recommends that you attend a preventive dental visit (checkup and cleaning) twice a year, or every 6 months. Some dental conditions necessitate more frequent preventive dental visits. You should never delay a dental visit until something becomes painful or swollen. Delaying results in bigger issues and more complex treatment.
Our preventive services include:
- a professional teeth cleaning by one of our incredible dental hygienists
- oral hygiene instruction
- any necessary dental x-rays
- radiation-free screening for cavities and fractures
- thorough dental and oral examination by hygienist and dentist
- oral cancer screening
- drill-free, needle-free fillings, such as Icon treatment and sealants
- non-invasive cavity prevention, such as fluoride and MI paste
- screening for TMJ issues and pathological habits, such as grinding/clenching of teeth
- evaluation of gum health
Our providers are also trained in assessing for any correlation with your medical condition, such as diabetes and use of medications.
Did you know that your saliva is super important?
Your saliva contains anti-cavity, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral factors to protect you against the bad stuff? Make sure you stay hydrated with water (regular water, NOT sparkling, as the sparkling water can damage your enamel) frequently. If you find that your mouth is often dry, speak to you dentist about it. Dry mouth could be induced by medications/supplements you may be taking, but it can also be a sign of an undiagnosed medical condition.